Jaipur, the "Pink City", is one of India's most sought after destinations, especially for the gem enthusiasts.
The city owes it's pink hue to the trademark building color found in its ancient architecture. The City Palace complex, a royal residence, is one of its most opulent buildings amidst the vast grid of the city's structure.
Jaipur is a world wide destination for everything related to the jewelry industry. It's economy relies heavily on gemstone cutting and the manufacturing of jewelry. It is also a major hub for crafts and artisan initiatives fueled by the growing tourist flow.
Major tourist destination are within reach of Jaipur, such as forts, palaces and many more attractions.
Right before the Congress, the famous Diwali Festival, or "Festival of Lights", is beautifully displayed and enjoyed around the city. This is just one of the many events organized for the Congress.
Below there is more information and don't forget to register!
Events before the Congress:
• 18 Oct. City tour in a car showing the beautifully lit pink city of Jaipur
• 19 Oct. Witness the sky light up with fireworks with an exclusive dinner at Nahargarh Fort
Events during the Congress:
• 21 Oct. Golf tournament and Cricket match.
• 25 Oct. Gems & Jewellery Industrial Zone Tour, 9am onwards starting from the hotel. The visit will comprise a visit to Gems & Jewellery Institute, Gems Cutting Factory and Jewellery Factory
Events for spouses during the Congress:
• 22 Oct. Amer Fort and Palace tour, Half Day Sight Seeing, Back to Hotel for Lunch and rest of the day at leisure
• 23 Oct. City Palace, Janter Manter & Hawa Mahal tour, Half Day Sight Seeing, Back to Hotel for Lunch and rest of the day at leisure
• 24 Oct. Shopping tour in walled city of Jaipur
Other tours happening anytime before, during or after the Congress:
• Jaipur Sightseeing Tour 1 day
• Agra Fatehpur Sikri Tour 1 day
• Ajmer-Pushkar Tour 1 day
• Ranthambore Tiger Sanctuary Safari 2 days