Jaipur, the "Pink City", is one of India's most sought after destinations, especially for the gem enthusiasts.
The city owes it's pink hue to the trademark building color found in its ancient architecture. The City Palace complex, a royal residence, is one of its most opulent buildings amidst the vast grid of the city's structure.
Jaipur is a world wide destination for everything related to the jewelry industry. It's economy relies heavily on gemstone cutting and the manufacturing of jewelry. It is also a major hub for crafts and artisan initiatives fueled by the growing tourist flow.
Major tourist destination are within reach of Jaipur, such as forts, palaces and many more attractions.
Right before the Congress, the famous Diwali Festival, or "Festival of Lights", is beautifully displayed and enjoyed around the city. This is just one of the many events organized for the Congress. Below there is more information.
The events preceding and following the Congress:
1. Palace On Wheels Tour (starts 11th October 2017 for 7 nights, 8 Days from Delhi). The interested persons will need to book it independently on website as it is conducted by Indian Government
2. City tour in an open bus or car showing the beautifully lit pink city of Jaipur - 18th October 2017
3. Exclusive sit down dinner at the City Palace overlooking the lit palace - 18th October 2017
4. Witness the sky light up with fireworks with an exclusive dinner at 'Padao', Nahargarh Fort - 19th October 2017
5. ICA Congress Gems & Jewelry Industrial Zone Tour - 25th October 9am onwards starting from the hotel. The visit will comprise a visit to Gems & Jewellery Institute, Gems Cutting Factory and Jewellery Factory. REGISTER HERE.
Other Events Related to Diwali Prior to Congress :
There can be events related to 'Diwali' -The Festival of Lights, which could include the following:
City tour in an open bus or car showing the beautifully lit pink city of Jaipur.
Exclusive sit down dinner at the City Palace overlooking the lit palace.
Witness the sky light up with fireworks with an exclusive dinner at 'Padao', Nahargarh fort.